Selecting a sober living home and finding the right level of care is an important next step after in-patient treatment. This is a new process for most people and can be confusing at times. To aid you in your house selection process, consider these questions:
- What type of services and amenities are provided?
- Is there a house manager?
- What is his training, experience, and certification?
- What is the House Culture?
- Are current residents welcoming, supportive and committed to sobriety?
- What are the requirements for outside support meetings/12-step meetings?
- What is the neighborhood like?
- Is the house located near public transportation?
- Does the house staff support the use of Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)?
- Is the use of MAT properly monitored?
- Does the house have opioid-overdose reversal drugs available (Narcan)?
- What is the house Relapse Policy?
- How are unhealthy behaviors addressed?
If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out and we will help you find the right level of care for you or your loved one: firstname.lastname@example.org